7 Reasons Why You Should Become a Travel Nurse Today
There are many areas where you can thrive as a nurse, but if you prefer something non-committal, good-paying, and gives you the freedom to do what you want, become a travel nurse!
Why Travel Nursing is Perfect
So, are you interested in becoming a travel nurse? If yes, and you want to give it a go here’s what you need to know.
1. There are plenty of jobs opportunities in high-demand locations.
The pandemic has brought about many changes in the nursing field, and along with these changes are job opportunities.
If you are someone who does not mind being in new places or adjusting to new facilities, you have the best chance of landing your next nursing assignment.
You will also be happy to know that there are plenty of assignment options across the country despite the pandemic.
2. There is professional growth.
As a travel nurse, you have the opportunity to work in different locations and facilities and with other healthcare professionals.
Because of this, you have the chance to learn and broaden your skills and nursing techniques. It is also a great way to improve adaptability and showcase that you are always up for a challenge.
3. There’s an opportunity to make more money.
Since you are working as a travel nurse, your time spent is gold. Many travel nurses earn hourly rates with shift differentials and overtime pay. It means you are compensated well with excellent package deals.
You don’t have to worry about furnished housing and insurance as your agency will provide you with that.
That said, you can expect bigger pay compared to nurses who work permanently in a healthcare facility.
4. There is freedom and flexibility with your time.
If you love freedom, then you will love being a travel nurse. This job gives you the freedom and flexibility that you’ve always dreamed of.
You can even take time off between assignments, so you can relax and enjoy time with friends or family. You can even pursue other interests and help others while you’re at it.
5. You get to discover new places.
You can work as a travel nurse in Alaska or New York; you will always have the freedom to decide and see places you’ve never been before . These are the perks of working in this field.
If you like going on adventures and enjoy going to different places, then take advantage of this opportunity. Now, who says you cannot mix work with pleasure? Travel nurses can!
6. You get to avoid workplace politics.
As nurses, you cannot deny that there are politics in your workplace. But if you are a travel nurse, you can avoid getting involved in this kind of issue. All you have to do is log in at work, do your job, and go.
Plus, you can work with a liaison who will deal with any concerns regarding your job. If you don’t like the people you are working with, you can always ask for a new assignment.
7. You get to avoid burnout.
One of the best things about being a travel nurse is avoiding the burnout that many permanent nurses have while working in hospitals. You do not have to deal with hospital politics or career standstill, either.
And the best part is, you get to experience different people and places. It is something that you cannot do when you work in a permanent healthcare facility.
Be a Travel Nurse Today!
With the current pandemic, you have the opportunity to work in different locations as a travel nurse. It may not be the best time to travel for some people, but as a nurse, you have the advantage of still enjoying the best places across the country.
So, take the opportunity to enjoy work and, discover new places, and be a travel nurse!
Looking for more nursing and travel nursing information? Check out these helpful links!
- Sign up for travel nursing: http://cupofnurses.com/travel-nursing/
- Travel nursing FAQ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTYTlHktNw&list=PLEi7EoJnvzwuELjQr-T3jcxZu9yHGW_Qx
- Nursing resources: https://cupofnurses.com/resource-page/
- Travel nursing checklist: https://cupofnurses.com/best-travel-nursing-checklist/
- Spotify nursing playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2pFWMMZ07hh2Hdr2ATJrxj?si=c875e846e17a4eca
- Spotify travel nursing playlist:https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0UP1A9gKPsSJ7tltgYYK7h?si=n2IeLV8_RM2u7fKJkJX1iw
- Travel nursing blog: https://cupofnurses.com/b/travel-nursing/
- Nursing blog: https://cupofnurses.com/b/nursing/
- Shift Debriefs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZudaO6juug&list=PLEi7EoJnvzws22n5M2Pe8LTdsIPUV9V_L
- Case Studies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwevl_usNy8&list=PLEi7EoJnvzwunjglAZcklaq10zP2cqSeK
- Meme Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKV7YgVMRm4&list=PLEi7EoJnvzwuDrZPRXj_kijWhEQcH9YFM
- Shop: cupofnurses.shop
- FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cupofnurses