EP 184: Creating Value with Art with Deane Bowers
Creating Value with Art with Deane Bowers
Creating value with art gives us this space where we can express ourselves. It is where we can create something out of nothing. It also helps us destress and find a calm, quiet, and safe space to enjoy our time away from the buzz and chaos of life. The best thing about it is that art evolves. It doesn’t stop in one line. It grows and gives people more ways to express themselves.
Art is perhaps one of the reasons why many people turn their passion for it into something worthwhile. And with that, we welcome our guest, Deane Bowers. Deane is an artist whose mission is to make this world a more loving, gentler, and kinder place. She gives ordinary objects value by bringing out their best qualities and celebrating their flaws and imperfections. Deane’s art encourages others to embrace and celebrate their shortcomings.
We talk about the importance of art and the together while apart project.
QUESTIONS FOR GUESTS
The questions below are some we’d like to tackle. We often go off-topic, so we don’t expect to hit them all. If you have any ideas, please let us know.
Looking forward to our conversation!
These are the questions you had in Calendly. We’ll go off your questions and wherever else our conversation goes.
- Deane, can you give a little background about yourself?
- Was art always a passion of yours? How did you get started in it, and how did you learn to make art?
- How did you start turning everyday items into pieces of art?
- Where do you find your inspiration, and what do you look to when you struggle to find your creativity?
- How does creating art make you feel?
- Is it your happy place? Is it something you use as a way to focus? Is it your escape?
- What is your most proud piece besides the Together While Apart piece?
- Having a family full of healthcare professionals, do they ever talk to you about their job?
- What seems to be the most challenging part of their careers or something you find they struggle with? And what advice do you give them?
- Any advice you can give moms with their children in nursing school or healthcare-based education?
- What is the Together While Apart Project?
- How did you get started, and why did you start it?
Before we end the show, we have one last question we like to ask all our guests.
If you had the opportunity to have a Cup of coffee with anybody one last time, who would it be & why?
Follow Deane and her artwork through her Instagram at @deanevbowersart.
You can also help support nurses by donating to the Together While Apart Project. Check out their Instagram page at @togetherwhileapartproject for more information.
If art is your passion, watch the full episode by clicking here 👇
02:45 About the guest
04:39 How to stay creative
06:33 The perfect pieces of art
09:30 All about the “Together While Apart Art Project”
20:18 The challenges of healthcare professionals
24:02 A way of helping nurses
28:25 How to support the project
31:39 The importance of being creative
34:05 The radiating effects of art
37:42 What keeps Deane busy
39:31 The Fresh Start project
42:18 Wrapping up the episode