Our Journey Running the David Goggins 4x4x48 Challenge
Have you heard about the David Goggins 4x4x48 challenge? If you haven’t then it’s about time that you do.
Sometimes you have to push yourself to the limits and see how far you can go. As travel nurses, it is essential to be as fit as we can, and in this case, challenging ourselves to run a marathon is one of the most challenging yet most exciting things we’ve done.
In this episode, we will be talking about our David Goggins 4x4x48 challenge experience. Running a marathon seems extreme but we managed to run 48 miles in two days, here is our experience.
Questions We Address
- Why did you do the David Goggins 4x4x48 challenge?
- First impressions of the challenge?
- How much running did you do before the challenge?
- Did you think the challenge is hard – doable?
- Training before the challenge?
- Diet before the challenge?
- Diet plan for the challenge?
- How were your eating habits?
- Favorite snacks? meals? drinks?
- What was your favorite pick me up?
- Did you have a ritual before each run?
- Do you do massage regularly?
- Did you do any breathing exercises? Ice bath?
- The hardest part about starting each new 4-mile segment?
- The hardest point of the whole challenge?
- When did you feel the pain start to creep in?
- Favorite part of the challenge?
- Would you recommend this challenge to anyone or is it more for extreme fitness athletes?
- Source of motivation during the challenge?
How did we fair during the challenge? Watch this full video 👇
00:00 – intro
00:28 – Episode intro
02:00 – Why we took the 4x4x48 Challenge
05:18 – Stepping into the patient’s shoes
07:13 – You have the mental strength!
10:16 – Why we ran
11:00 – First impression of the 4x4x48 Challenge
16:06 – Our Diet
19:15 – Hydration
20:35 – Our Favorite Pick-Me-Ups
21:50 – Snacks
22:35 – Ritual Before Each Run
28:14 – The Hardest Part of the Challenge
32:21 – When the pain started creeping in
36:30 – Running at Night
38:02 – Recommending the 4x4x48 Challenge
41:14 – The Source of Our Motivation
46:38 – Our Favorite Part
48:05 – Wrapping up the show