Health Anxiety with Aleks Zubek
Anxiety and depression are something that many of us are dealing with these days. It has been reported that about 264 million people suffer from it all over the world.
In this episode, we would like to introduce our guest, Aleks Zubek who is a Licenses Professional Counselor with a Master’s in Counseling Psychology.
We dive into some interesting topics such as depression and anxiety, how it affects us, what we can do, and finding our inner self. It is another informational episode where you’ll surely have a lot of takeaways.
The questions below are some we tackle.
- You’ve got your Master’s in Counseling Psychology and now are a Licensed Professional Counselor, what made you choose that route? And what’s the schooling process?
- What does an LPC do? Do you work with a team?
- Is there a certain psychological or mental demographic that you specifically help or is it a wide range?
- You taught us a little about health anxiety, it’s almost like the fear of getting sick or imagining an illness, can you explain what it actually is?
- Where does this stem from? Are certain people more susceptible?
- How do you treat it or help someone with health anxiety?
- What kind of patients do you work with?
- Is there a trend or an increase in certain mental illnesses that you are seeing?
- Do you have a favorite type of patient?
- Is there any advice that can generally help most people?
- More open communication, being honest, getting help, meditation?
To watch the full Episode 71, click here 👇
0:00 Cup of Nurses Introduction
1:56 Guest Introduction
2:15 News and updates about Aleks Zubek
5:15 What is your day-to-day as an LPC?
9:46 What is the state of the unit in terms of mental health?
11:28 What are the common mental health issues of your patients?
12:48 Are you seeing a lot of health anxiety lately?
17:00 How do you help someone manage their anxiety?
19:38 How do you stop the disease that is causing the symptoms?
21:50 Is it depression that causes anxiety or the other way around?
23:30 What are your tips to people who are suffering from anxiety/depression?
28:23 Have you noticed any trends or issues that are more prevalent now?
34:28 What are the traits that a person needs in order to overcome trauma?
36:47 Questions you can ask yourself to assess your own mental health
41:48 How do you get somebody to open up 100%?
46:20 How do you develop emotional literacy?
49:40 How soon do you start seeing improvements in your patients?