CON EP 71: Health Anxiety with Aleks Zubek
In this episode, we would like to introduce our guest Aleks Zubek who is a Licenses Professional Counselor with a Masters in Counseling Psychology.
We dive into some interesting topics such as depression, anxiety, and finding your inner self. Another informational episode where you’ll surely have a lot of takeaways.
The questions below are some we tackle.
- You’ve got your Masters in Counseling Psychology and now are a Licensed Professional Counselor, what made you choose that route? And what’s the schooling process?
- What does a LPC? Do you work with a team?
- Is there a certain psychological or mental demographic that you specifically help or is it a wide range?
- You taught us a little about health anxiety, its almost like the fear of getting sick or imagining an illness, can you explain what it actually is?
- Where does this stem from? Are certain people more susceptible?
- How do you treat it or help someone with health anxiety?
- What kind of patients do you work with?
- Is there a trend or an increase in certain mental illnesses that you are seeing?
- Do you have a favorite type of patient?
- Is there any advice that can generally help most people?
- More open communication, being honest, getting help, meditation?
0:00 Cup of Nurses Introduction
1:56 Guest Introduction
2:15 News and updates about Aleks Zubek
5:15 What is your day-to-day as an LPC?
9:46 What is the state of the unit in terms of mental health?
11:28 What are the common mental health issues of your patients?
12:48 Are you seeing a lot of health anxiety lately?
17:00 How do you help someone manage their anxiety?
19:38 How do you stop the disease that are causing the symptoms?
21:50 Is it depression that causes anxiety or the other way around?
23:30 What are your tips to people who are suffering from anxiety/depression?
28:23 Have you noticed any trends or issues that are more prevalent now?
34:28 What are the traits that a person needs in order to overcome trauma?
36:47 Questions you can ask yourself to assess your own mental health
41:48 How do you get somebody to open up 100%?
46:20 How do you develop emotional literacy?
49:40 How soon do you start seeing improvements from your patients?