Getting Out of Debt With Allie Grotteland
Getting a loan or borrowing money is an excellent idea at first. But what happens when you find yourself with missed payments? It’s not fun knowing that you owe some people or companies money. And paying or paying off debts is not always easy.
Being a professional nurse allows you to earn lucratively. But sometimes, even nurses have debts to pay. How can you free yourself from all of this? is there a way to live a debt-free life?
We understand that sometimes, we cannot avoid having debts, but if you know to spend your money wisely and be debt-free, wouldn’t that be amazing?
In this episode, we introduce you to our guest Allie Grotteland. Allie is a PICU nurse, owner, and founder of the Debt-free Nurse LLC. She helps nurses pay off debt and save money without sacrificing things they love. We discuss the importance of paying off debt, staying debt-free, and saving for the future.
IG page: @the_debtfreenurse
The questions below are some we tackled on the show
- How did you first become self-aware of investing?
- How do you first start teaching people about money?
- What is the mindset you should have about saving and investing?
- What is your best advice to start paying off debt?
- What is your best advice to start saving your life?
- How do you create financial goals?
- How do you stop impulse spending?
- One of your goals is to retire a millionaire; what systems do you have to bring that to reality?
- Difference between Roth IRA vs. 401K?
- Tell us about your experience with nurse bullying.
Want to be debt-free of your nursing school loans? Here’s how 👇👇👇
00:08 Guest intro
00:43 Nursing to Investing a business
04:47 The mindset you need to pay off debt
05:55 The most efficient way to pay off loans
08:24 How to look into your financial status
10:22 Holding off on purchases
12:12 How to stop someone from impulse shopping
14:34 The 48-Hour Rule
15:58 How to choose the best retirement plan
23:14 Invest your extra money
23:42 Amount of money to save
26:05 Put Emergency Funds first
32:36 Apps to track spending
33:17 Nurse bullying
39:55 It’s okay to change your mind
42:29 Is there bullying in PICU?
43:18 How did you switch units?
48:22 How to assess if the unit or area is for you
50:29 Say something if you’re being bullied at work
52:33 End of show