EP 105: How to Manage Your Finances with Allie Grotteland
When it comes to money, it can be hard to manage it sometimes, especially when you think that you will get paid any time soon. But as a nurse, how can you manage your finances like a pro?
In this episode, we would like to introduce you to our guest Allie Grotteland, who shares her expertise on how to manage your finances well. Allie is also a PICU nurse and owner and founder of the debt-free nurse LLC. She helps nurses pay off debt, and save money without sacrificing things they love.
IG page: @the_debtfreenurse
The questions below are some we tackled on the show
- How did you first become self-aware of investing?
- How do you first start teaching people about money?
- What is the mindset you should have about saving and investing?
- Is there any advice that you can share to start paying off debt?
- What is your best advice to start saving your life?
- How do you create financial goals?
- How do you stop impulse spending?
- One of your goals is to retire a millionaire; what systems do you have in place to bring that to reality?
- Difference between Roth IRA vs. 401K?
- Tell us about your experience with nurse bullying.
Here’s how you can manage your finances well 👇👇👇
Nursing to Investing a business
The mindset you need to pay off debt
The most efficient way to pay off loans
How to look into your financial status
Holding off on purchases
How to stop someone from impulse shopping
The 48-Hour Rule
How to choose the best retirement plan
Invest your extra money
Amount of money to save
Put Emergency Funds first
Apps to use to track spending
It’s okay to change your mind
Is there bullying in PICU?
How did you switch units?
How to assess if the unit or area is for you
Say something if you’re being bullied at work
End of show