EP 139: Nursing with Jessica Sites
The nursing world is a place of wonder and awe in terms of caring for patients. We meet all kinds of people; the young, old, and we also help bring them into this world. This week, we were joined by another wonderful guest in the podcast, Nurse Jessica Sites.
Jessica Sites has been a labor and delivery nurse for over 20 years, social media personality, and voice for the nursing community. We talk about the impact of poor management on nursing and how healthcare has changed over the years.
- How did you start off as a nurse? What was your calling?
- How was your time as Labor and Delivery nurse?
- What are some day-to-day things you do in labor and delivery?
- What was one challenging day or night or a memorable experience on the unit that you can remember?
- Share the toughest part about being a labor and delivery nurse.
- How was the unit culture?
- What made you leave the profession?
Want to know what nurses find funny? Click here for the full episode 👇👇👇
0:00 Cup of Nurses Introduction
1:53 Episode Introduction
2:24 Jessica’s Nursing Background
8:30 Day Flow of a Labor & Delivery Nurse
12:30 What are the difficulties in L&D?
17:56 What are the nurse personalities in L&D?
19:35 What part of L&D Struggles you the most?
47:54 Advise to Nursing Students
50:48 What made you leave bedside?
55:43 What are your future goals?
1:04:00 Where to find Jessica Sites?