International Travel with Jonathan & Cat
In this episode, we would like to introduce our guests Cat Rogers and Jonathan Pierre from Med Travel Hub! They both have traveled to nursing for over 4 years and are passionate about finding a community for healthcare professionals.
Here are some of the questions that Jonathan and Cat answered for us:
- Explain a little bit about your nursing background, and how you got into it.
- Your experience and what you thought nursing was lacking or some problems you’ve faced.
- Why do you think travel nursing is becoming more popular?
- What does travel offer?
- Why do nurses leave their staff jobs?
- What made you push for travel nursing?
- Why is there a lack of value in nursing? How did you feel about it?
- What is Med Travel Hub?
- Why did you start Med Travel Hub?
- How does community play a role in value?
- People always have a need for belonging and from that, we feel valued, many nursing units lack a community within.
0:54 Cup of Nurses Introduction
2:10 Episode Introduction
2:36 Guest Introduction
4:43 What’s the biggest difference between New Yorkers and Californians?
6:29 Why did travel nursing become so popular?
7:37 What’s the biggest change you’ve seen in the ER?
8:37 How many contracts have you had?
9:12 What are some struggles that nurses face across different hospitals?
16:10 How do you feel about being a travel nurse?
18:40 Tell us about your travel nursing community
25:12 How often do you go on a trip?
29:14 How do you organize International travel?
31:55 What countries are you trying to hit this 2022?
33:09 What are the requirements to travel?
35:20 Culture-shocking experience
39:53 Nursing is a business
50:48 Do you become more relatable as an international travel nurse?
52:38 Where can people find you?