Retirement Planning with Aaron Fonseca
As nurses, it is our job to take care of not only our patients but our finances as well.
How are you handling your money? Are you planning to invest in something fruitful in the future? Do you have any financial literacy?
In this episode, we would like to introduce our guest Aaron Fonseca. Aaron is a financial planner specializing in 401ks and retirement for traveling healthcare professionals. He initially went into this field because he enjoyed helping people in figuring out how they want to save, what they want to save for, and helping them understand that not all money has to be saved.
Questions we asked Aaron Fonseca:
- Tell us a little bit about yourself.
- How did you end up in finance and specifically finance within the travel healthcare community?
- What are some pitfalls to avoid right off the bat when entering a new higher-paying career?
- What are some retirement options that travel healthcare professionals have? Can they do the standard 401k?
- Besides a savings account, what are better options for storing, investing, or growing money?
- Difference between a budget and financial planning?
- What’s the best way to go about buying an expensive new car or a home?
Where can we find Aaron? Social links: http://aaronfonseca.nm.com/
Plan your retirement early by watching the full episode here 👇👇👇
0:49 Cup of Nurses Introduction
1:58 Episode Introduction
2:14 Meet Our Guest – Aaron Fonseca
2:44 What made you pursue finance?
6:50 What are the basic ways to start Financial Planning?
10:18 What’s the difference between IRA and 401k?
19:38 What percentage of your paycheck should you start to invest/save?
22:17 Financial Advice for New Nurses
26:06 Aaron’s Journey to Financial Literacy
29:41 What’s the process of Investing?
32:37 The Power of Compound Interest
37:41 High-risk Investments
42:26 Do you recommend putting money in Savings Account?
44:34 Aaron’s Life Outside Finance
45:52 How Covid Impacts Saving Habits
47:18 Where can people find Aaron Fonseca?