Nurses Inspire Nurses with Cat Golden
Nurses are known as carers of the world. When you have sworn the oath to care for the people and wore the badge as a nurse, you become one of the essential workers of our society.
Of course, along with this profession comes a myriad of responsibilities. And sometimes, we nurses become so indulged with caring for others that we lack the support we truly need – to be our advocate.
It’s funny because we take good care of everyone around us, but we often overlook ourselves. Sometimes the carer needs to be cared for too.
In this episode, we are joined by our guest, Cat Golden. She is the creator and owner of Nurses Inspire Nurses. Her career in the nursing field began as a pediatric nurse, where she worked as one for seven years.
Cat understood what it’s like for a nurse to feel exhausted and isolated, which prompted her to build one of the largest nursing communities in the country.
And if you are a tired nurse like many of us, sit back, relax, and enjoy another awesome episode with your favorite Cup of Nurses!
Some of the questions that we asked Cat Golden:
- Can you give us a background about yourself and your nursing experience?
- What does it mean you support nurses as humans first and nurses second?
- You always seem to be doing your own thing; what is your current mindset journey?
- How has your community felt with everything that is currently happening in healthcare?
- Has your community grown in the past years? Was it affected by the pandemic?
- Why do you think your community has bonded so well and grown together?
- How do you cultivate positivity and self-care in your life?
- How do you manage your day-to-day life?
- What are all the ways you stay healthy with all the travel you do?
Ready to learn how to inspire nurses? Check out our latest episode here 👇
You can also catch Cat on her personal Instagram account @catgolden.inspires, and for business inquiries, you can click on her business page @nursesinspirenurses for more information.
0:58 Cup of Nurses Introduction
2:19 Episode Introduction
2:55 Meet Cat Golden
3:32 What Cat’s Main Mission Means
4:55 What do you think nurses need most?
7:48 How Cat’s Life Has Changed
9:12 What’s the feedback of your community with healthcare?
10:52 Advice For Nursing Community
12:50 How To Build A Nursing Community
15:07 Why The Community Bonded So Well
17:51 What Shaped Cat Golden To Be The Best Version Of Herself
21:14 How To Cultivate Positivity
24:48 One Thing That Cat Cannot Live Without
29:19 How To Manage Time & Stay Organized
32:02 Hardships That Cat Went Through
38:14 What’s Next For Nurses Inspire Nurses
40:57 Where Can People Find Cat Golden