EP 155: Why Self-Care is Important For Women With Isabel Bogdan
How important is your health? Self-care is important, but what steps are you taking to meet your needs?
Do you do something about it? Or do you wait till you are diagnosed with a disease to get moving?
In the era we live in, it is easier to pop pills when you are not feeling well than reevaluate your entire body and mind to get to the root cause of the problem.
It is a known fact that many people today are more dependent on medication than on doing something to change their condition. Why is it easier to take pills than make the change you need? When did people stop eating well and doing exercises that can benefit them as a whole?
We are joined by our guest, Dr. Isabel Bogdan, founder and owner of belev.co. She is also a health nurse practitioner with a doctorate in nursing practice. Dr. Bogdan has the vision to intertwine traditional medicine with a holistic approach to transformational change.
Join us today as we discuss the importance of holistic care and how it can change our way of looking at our health in this fantastic episode of Cup of Nurses.
QUESTIONS FOR OUR GUEST
The questions below are some we’d like to tackle. We go off-topic all the time so we don’t expect to hit them all. If you have any ideas please let us know. Looking forward to our conversation!
- Can you give us a background about yourself and your nursing experience?
- What does it feel like to be in the daily life of Isabelle?
- What have you seen as being the biggest factor associated with poor health, particularly women’s health?
- On an emotional level, what do women struggle with the most?
- How do you heal people in life?
- What are women struggling with most in their lives?
- How do you control your hormonal health?
- How do you change people’s beliefs for them to think they’re superheroes of their journey.
- What is your current obsession? – How are you making an impact in disease prevention?
Why is self-care important? Learn more and watch the full episode here 👇
2:52 Episode Introduction
4:58 The Reason: Why is Conventional Medicine Failing?
8:52 All about Yoga
16:19 How is yoga done, and how does it benefit the body?
20:45 Yoga’s spiritual side?
23:18 What are women struggling with most in their lives?
28:52 Isabel’s Take on What Is “Consciousness”
32:29 What is the impact of hormonal health?
38:40 What supplements can you take to stay optimal?
41:06 Dietary Consultation with Isabel
47:15 Everything is good in moderation.
51:37 All about gut health.
57:00 A study shows that cranberry juice prevents UTIs.
57:49 How to empower people to be the superheroes of their lives.
1:08:41 Where to find Isabel?