How to Be a Successful Nursepreneur with Catie Harris
Being a successful nursepreneur doesn’t happen overnight. As nurses, we can handle anything when it comes to our patients. But how about running a business? As I have mentioned, overnight success doesn’t happen right away. There are steps to that, but what are they? How can you become a successful nurse entrepreneur?
In this episode, we would like to introduce you to Catie Harris, a NursePreneur Mentor who has empowered thousands of nurses in business to monetize their knowledge and skills while inspiring them to change the way healthcare is perceived and delivered. She strives to undo the perception that nursing care is limited to the hospital setting. Through her intensive nurse business coaching program, Catie shows nurses around the world how their hard-earned knowledge and skills can transcend the hospital system into a profitable business.
QUESTIONS FOR GUESTS
The questions below are some we’d like to tackle. We often go off-topic, so we don’t expect to hit them all. If you have any ideas, please let us know.
Looking forward to our conversation!
These are the questions you had in Calendly. We’ll go off your questions and wherever else our conversation goes.
- Can you give us a background about yourself?
- What made you leave nursing and become an entrepreneur?
- Can you be both a nurse and an entrepreneur?
- Nursing gives you income stability which allows you to focus more on your business and not have to necessarily worry about the financials all the time.
- Most businesses take 2-3 years to see some income being generated.
- How can nurses dig beneath the surface of their careers to find passion, purpose & profit?
- We often do not understand the power that we have as nurses. The difference we make individually extends far beyond the patient, student, or colleague whose life we change. Each of us has the power to create a ripple effect.
- What is the origin of nursing purpose to getting into healthcare? Can we channel our purpose into other places?
- What are some business ideas that you’ve recently seen nurses participate in?
Before we end the show, we have one last question we like to ask all our guests.
If you had the opportunity to have a Cup of coffee with anybody one last time, who would it be & why?
To learn more about being a successful nursepreneur, watch our full episode here 👇👇👇
01:56 About Catie Harris
03:49 How has your purpose changed
04:35 Nursing traits that you can use in business
05:35 The pain points of starting a business
07:11 How passion started
09:45 Discovering your passion
12:31 How do you pass success to your clients
14:30 How to deal with not profitable
18:09 Successful nursepreneur businesses
21:18 How to look for the right people to work with
22:36 Hospital Leader vs Entrepreneur Leader
24:30 Overcoming imposter syndrome
25:50 Struggles of running a business
27:41 Big mindset shifts as an entrepreneur
29:34 Failures and motivations
31:49 Balancing work and life
33:42 Tips on starting a business
35:52 How to keep the business organized
39:00 Wrapping up the show