Enrich Your Personal Life With Dr. Terri Ann Parnell
To enrich our lives means we must fill our body, mind, and soul with experiences that give meaning to our being. We must fill our lives with those that teach us to be better people and challenge us to become the person we want to be. It also means we must overcome the obstacles in our lives with courage and determination. Of course, we all want a happy and fulfilled life, but how can we do that? What are our personal goals? And most importantly, how can we enrich our personal lives so we can also live our lives to the fullest?
In this episode, we want to introduce you to Dr. Terri Ann Parnell. Dr. Terri Ann Parnell is a nurse, a recognized health literacy expert, and an award-winning author. She is the principal and founder of TAP Wellness Coaching and Health Literacy Partners. Her extensive nursing career incorporates hospital and health system management, administrative and leadership roles, and faculty roles in schools of nursing, medicine, and health care administration.
Questions for Our Guest
The questions below are some we’d like to tackle. We often go off-topic, so we don’t expect to hit them all. If you have any ideas, please let us know.
Looking forward to our conversation!
These are the questions you had in Calendly. We’ll go off your questions and wherever else our conversation goes.
- Can you give us a little background about yourself?
- Why did you start TAP?
- What do you think nurses and other healthcare professionals are lacking or needing?
- What are the five pillars of TAP, and how can they help healthcare professionals?
- How can nurse change their nutrition?
- How can nurses move more?
- How can nurses sleep more soundly?
- How can nurses practice self-care?
- How can nurses build resilience?
- What changes should be implemented in healthcare or even a unit?
- If you could change one thing in healthcare, what would it be?
- So many nurses are leaving the bedside; how can we get better retention?
- Do you think there’s a nursing shortage, or do nurses not want to work bedside?
Before we end the show, we have one last question we like to ask all our guests.
If you had the opportunity to have a Cup of coffee with anybody one last time, who would it be & why?
Sign-Up for “Tuesdays with TAP” weekly email for resources, tips, and new upcoming opportunities. https://www.tapwellnesscoaching.com/
You can also connect with Dr. Parnell on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/tapwellnesscoaching/
Or check out their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TerriAnnParnell
To learn how to enrich your personal life better, click here for the full episode 👇👇👇
01:53 About Dr. Terri Ann Parnell
05:02 What do nursing and healthcare professionals lack?
07:45 The challenging part of being the leader
09:42 Which sector of our healthcare system requires the most assistance?
12:01 What issues are hospitals facing today?
15:56 The 5 pillars of wellness
18:17 The most prevalent issue we all have
21:47 What you can do to address your sleep issue
26:29 Self-care practices you can do
28:22 Becoming a resilient nurse
31:45 How to find a balance between work and life
34:22 Building self-confidence
38:13 Dr. Terri’s desire for medical care
39:30 How Dr. Terri’s program works
44:49 Issues that frequently plague healthcare professionals
47:40 Wrapping up the episode