Blood Transfusion and Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies
In this episode, we would like to introduce you to Carly Newton & Lori Harada, who are both registered nurses working as managers at Terumo Blood & Cell Technologies. Carly uses that experience to educate Health Care Professionals on the most effective ways to prescribe Red Blood Cell Exchange. Lori leads a team of 12 Specialists who train and support their customers on the company’s medical devices. Lori is also a leader in the industry with more than 35 years of apheresis experience. We discuss blood transfusions, donations, the blood shortage, and current technology.
Questions and Topics
- Can you give us a background about yourselves and how you got involved with Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies?
- What is Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies?
- What do they do?
- What is the company goal?
- Does Terumo do any R&D? What are they currently working on?
- What is RBC and Plasma exchange?
- What is apheresis?
- Where does the blood go?
- What is the full scope of components you can donate?
- What patients or illnesses do the blood and its components help with?
- What are some common misconceptions about donating blood, or where is the lack of education regarding donations or treatment?
- Why do you think medical sales and pharmaceutical sales get a bad rep?
- During the pandemic, how did things change for you?
- Was there a greater influx of donations?
- What do you enjoy doing on your off time?
Watch full episode: https://youtu.be/uWS0r2d1Qsk
GUEST SPEAKER LINKS:
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carly-newton-a98286144/, https://www.linkedin.com/in/lori-harada-6221a815/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cupofnursespod/
- Cup of Nurses: https://fanlink.to/CONsite
- Cup of Nurses Store: https://fanlink.to/CONshop
- Free Travel Nursing Guide: https://fanlink.to/Travelnursingchecklist
- Nclex Guide: https://fanlink.to/NCLEXguide
- Interested in Travel Nursing? https://fanlink.to/TravelNurseNow
- Cup of Nurses FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cupofnurses
- YT: https://www.youtube.com/@CUPOFNURSES