Becoming a CRNA with Dr. Jason Bolt
In this episode, we introduce you to our guest, Dr. Jason Bolt, DNP & CRNA. Not only is Jason a nurse anesthesiologist he also has a YT channel called BoltCRNA, where he offers mentorship and a behind-the-scenes look at the life of a CRNA. Follow him on Instagram at @BoltCRNA.
Questions for Our Guest
Questions below are some we’d like to tackle. We always go off-topic, so we don’t expect to hit them all. If you have any ideas, please let us know. Looking forward to our conversation!
- Let’s get a little background about yourself; why made you choose to become a CRNA?
- How is CRNA school? How do you become one?
- Can you run through your typical work day? What does this job entail?
- What are the most challenging aspects of your job, and how do you manage them?
- Before becoming a CRNA, what type of nursing did you do?
- It seems like you are entering the education field; what made you want to start a YT channel and offer CRNA education?
- Future advice for anyone trying to become a certified registered nurse anesthetist?
- How did/does it feel to work in a female-dominant profession?
- What do you enjoy doing on your time off? Has covid changed that, and how are you coping?
Learn how you can be a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist like Dr. Bolt here 👇👇👇
00:00 – Intro
01:12 – Who is Dr. Bolt?
02:12 – How is school finishing up?
04:49 – Are you still able to work?
05:55 – School
07:49 – Type of Clinicals
09:56 – Day-to-day activities
13:04 – Autonomy of a CRNA
16:50 – Stress in anesthesia
21:47 – Monitoring
23:00 – Favorite Cases
25:12 – Work Schedule
27:19 – Culture of the Operating Room
33:02 – Free time
35:23 – Words of wisdom
37:57 – Nursing School
40:11 – Covid Impact
42:12 – Working as a nurse in 2020