Meditation, Yoga & Reiki With Tasha Triana
Today we’d like to welcome Tasha Triana. Tasha is a Southern California native, world traveler of 25+ countries, a registered nurse of 8+ years, certified yoga and meditation teacher, and Reiki practitioner. Tasha founded her business, The Nurtured Nurse, to teach nurses how to prioritize their own self-care and wellness so they can show up feeling replenished and empowered to live their best lives.
This is Tasha’s second time returning to the show, she was previously on EP 56, where we covered nursing, burnout, mindfulness & mental health.
The questions below are some we’d like to tackle. We go off-topic all the time so we don’t expect to hit them all. If you have any ideas please let us know. Looking forward to our conversation!
- Card reading, Arch Angel or Animal
- A little bit of background
- Masters in Psychology
- Why did you go into it, what were/are your intentions?
- Masters in Psychology
- Recently left bedside?
- What is the purpose? Are there different types?
- What is it to you?
- How did you get into it? What made you start?
- How has it changed you and how have you incorporated it into your life?
- Yoga: Different types of yoga.
- How does it feel, the purpose?
- Why/when did you get into yoga
- How to become a Yoga Teacher
- How did you get into it?
- What is it?
- A healing technique based on the principle that the therapist can channel energy into the patient by means of touch, to activate the natural healing processes of the patient’s body and restore physical and emotional well-being.
- The word “Reiki” means “mysterious atmosphere, miraculous sign.” It comes from the Japanese words “rei” (universal) and “ki” (life energy). Reiki is a type of energy healing.
- The practitioner places their hands lightly on or over specific areas of the head, limbs, and torso using different hand shapes, for between 2 and 5 minutes. The hands can be placed over 20 different areas of the body.
- How has traveling shaped you into who you are today?
- What was the biggest takeaway from traveling?
- Tell us about your journey into tapping into the inner self?
- What has been your favorite routine or daily habit lately?
Where can we find Tasha:
Official Website: https://www.thenurturednurse.co/
Do you want to learn more about meditation, reiki, and yoga? Watch this full episode 👇👇👇
00:13 About Tasha Triana
05:42 What is the Nurtured Nurse?
07:09 Nursing is not an end all, be all
08:03 How Tasha started on meditation
12:30 What is the purpose of meditation?
16:33 Being self-aware
18:21 Different types of meditation
20:17 How to incorporate yoga into a mindful practice
23:52 Yoga for strengthening mental health
27:00 What is Reiki?
31:08 How do people feel during a reiki session?
32:17 What to ask clients
33:00 Influence of Grandmothers
37:39 Everything in the universe is measurable
39:00 The concept of dualism
44:22 Emotions are just there
45:52 Energies and triggers
51:48 Meditation is a mental workout
53:53 The mind and body are in a constant feedback
55:13 Lessons from traveling
58:00 Connect on social media with Tasha
58:25 End of show