How to Take Care of Your Skin With Laura Coral
How you take care of your skin plays a role in your self-esteem. When you have beautiful skin, you also have self-confidence. Unfortunately, some of us don’t know how to care for our skin.
As a result, some of us suffer from acne, blackheads, dryness of the skin, skin lesions, and other skin conditions.
But how do you take care of your skin correctly anyway? Is showering enough? What about a skincare routine? Is there a specific way to achieve great skin?
If you suffer from bad skin, this episode is for you. In this episode, we would like to introduce you to Laura Coral.
Laura is a dermatology physician assistant working at Curology and branching off to YouTube and social media to share her experience being a PA and encourage future healthcare providers to go after their dreams!
We will discuss the best skin care routines and how to decrease acne and wrinkles.
QUESTIONS FOR GUESTS
The questions below are some we’d like to tackle. We go off-topic, so we don’t expect to hit them all. If you have any ideas, please let us know. Looking forward to our conversation!
- Laura, can you give us a little background about yourself and how you got started in dermatology?
- Did you go straight into PA school, or did you start off somewhere else in the healthcare field?
- Have you always worked in dermatology?
- How did you get started in Curology?
- Why do you like the company, and how do they personalized skincare?
- What are the most common skin issues you see and common ways to treat them? Dry skin, acne, pigmentation issues, etc.
- What are some common skin myths or misconceptions?
- Common questions your clients ask?
- What ages the skin and causes wrinkles?
- Are there some universal products out there that can help with aging?
- Do you have a skincare routine?
- What skin products can you not live without?
- What are some universal products that you think everyone should use?
- Psychosomatic manifestations are something we’ve been curious about. It shows how powerful our mind is and the destruction we can cause to ourselves. Have you had any experience with psychosomatic disorders?
- A big culprit of this is unaddressed conflicts that linger on for years. How can people get over this?
- Psychosomatic disorder is a psychological condition involving the occurrence of physical symptoms, usually lacking a medical explanation. People with this condition may have excessive thoughts, feelings, or concerns about the symptoms.
Before we end the show, we have one last question we like to ask all our guests. If you had the opportunity to have a Cup of coffee with anybody one last time, who would it be & why?
Do you want to have healthy skin? Learn helpful tips by watching this full episode 👇
01:48 About the guest
04:01 How did you get started in Curology?
05:35 Difference between face and body skin
06:42 What products to avoid
09:06 Basic skincare routine
11:20 Difference between serums, creams, and lotions
14:19 The skincare routine for you
17:05 Is applying sunscreen necessary?
21:58 Wrinkles and retinol
24:20 What causes acne?
31:44 Skincare and makeup
34:03 Laura’s skincare routine
36:10 What is a dark spot?
38:36 Scar treatments
42:19 Psychosomatic disorder
47:26 Talking about insecurities
50:02 Managing Stress
51:10 Can eyebags be treated
52:59 Wrapping up the episode