Qualifications of a Registered Operating Room Nurse with Kamil Sledz
Operating room nurse is one of the best fields in nursing. Nurses with the specified requirements can qualify and benefit from this particular field. And if this is something you’d like to pursue, this episode will help you understand better the pros and cons of being an OR nurse.
In this episode, we’d like to welcome a returning guest Kamil Sledz. Kamil is an OR nurse and a nurse practitioner student with a YT channel called Kamil RN; he just recently recovered from COVID! We will discuss healthcare, nursing in the OR, and COVID-19. Find him at @kamilrn_ in the gram.
Questions for Our Guest
Questions below are some we’d like to tackle. We always go off-topic, so we don’t expect to hit them all. If you have any ideas, please let us know. Looking forward to our conversation!
- How long have you been working in the OR now? How does it compare to the bedside?
- Has the OR or the number of procedures changed due to covid?
- Let’s tackle the elephant in the room. How did it feel going through COVID?
- When you had COVID, how was your WHOOP data at the time?
- How is school during these times? Is it remote?
- How many school years do you have till you graduate? and what made you choose the NP route?
- You started reading Dr. Jordan Peterson’s 12 rules for life; what made you pick it up, and how has it impacted your life?
Learn more about the qualifications of being an operating room nurse by watching this full episode 👇👇👇
00:00 – Intro
02:26 – How did it first feel?
07:57 – Lots of naps
09:33 – Covid experience
12:49 – Starting an IV
17:04 – Using masks
20:21 – Our immune system
23:49 – Diabetes
29:34 – School
31:44 – Nurse Practitioner
35:29 – Shadow Rotation
37:48 – Efficiency
40:04 – Hygiene