EP 210: ER Nurse to Viral Content Creator With Stephanee Beggs
Can one become a viral content creator? The short answer is yes. Our profession gives us the freedom to become an inspiration to others. Whether it be through bedside nursing or content creators, we have the means to help others.
It is unsurprising to see many healthcare professionals rise to the ranks of online personalities as they help educate others about health and well-being. If you’re a nurse interested in making digital content, this episode is for you.
In this episode, we would like to introduce you to Stephanee Beggs. Stephanee is a content creator, Forbes 30 under 30, and Emergency Room nurse.
She unintentionally became viral on social media for her quick, concise educational tools that led to the creation of RNExplained, Inc.
Our main focus today is ER nursing and crazy patient experiences.
Questions for Our Guest
The questions below are some we’d like to tackle. We often go off-topic, so we don’t expect to hit them all. If you have any ideas, please let us know.
Looking forward to our conversation!
These are the questions you had in Calendly. We’ll go off your questions, and wherever else our conversation goes.
- Please give us a brief background about yourself and your nursing experience.
- What made you decide to get into emergency nursing?
- Let’s address the elephant in the room, do you have any beef with ICU nurses?
- What is the day in the life like of an emergency nurse?
- Has your life changed significantly being a social media influencer?
- Did you get any backlash from your employer?
- How did you create RNExplained? What inspired you?
- You became the 30 under 30 on Forbes for the education category.
- How do you juggle multiple roles as a nurse?
- How do you prioritize self-care as a nurse?
Before we end the show, we have one last question we like to ask all our guests. If you had the opportunity to have a Cup of coffee with anybody one last time, who would it be & why?
Connect and catch up with Stephanee through her socials at:
Want to become a viral content creator too? Watch the full episode here 👇👇👇
01:39 About Stephanee Beggs
05:08 What causes the conflict between ER and ICU nursing?
07:24 What does an ER nurse’s shift look like
11:19 Traumatic experiences as a nurse
16:03 The love of helping and nursing patient
18:05 How RNExplained started
18:47 What is it like to be an entrepreneur and a social media influencer?
19:46 Secrets on how Stephanee balances her life
21:29 Nurse Influencers are being misunderstood by hospital administration.
27:51 Tips on how to avoid trouble with what you post on social media
29:13 Setting Boundaries with Employers and Social Media Influence
30:47 How Stephanee grew RNExplained
33:11 Stephanee’s future business plans
34:30 The importance of self-care?
35:52 Wrapping up the show