Why Nurses Become Travel Nurses
These days many nurses are leaving bedside nursing to pursue travel nursing. With the many perks and benefits of travel nursing, we can’t blame them too. Travel nursing allows nurses to explore and experience diverse practices and new environments.
It is also a great way to connect and work with nurses in different nursing communities. With great pay, free housing, and many more, it is no wonder nurses are packing up their bags to become travel nurses.
As a travel nurse, you can work in all 50 states as your assignments vary and can be as long as 13 weeks. You also have the liberty to choose which assignment works for you based on many factors. These factors include:
- Nursing opportunities
- Payment and incentives
- Proximity to friends and family
- Activities to do
Besides having this option, there are also many pros to travel nursing, which makes it more favorable. Among these include:
- There are fewer nursing responsibilities.
- Many assignments have higher pay.
- You have free housing or housing options with bigger discounts.
- There is flexibility to work as much or as little as you want.
- You get to explore different work cultures.
- All your travel expenses are reimbursed when moving from one contract to another.
- You get to explore different places.
- There are work bonuses.
So Many Reasons Why
Another good reason why many nurses pack up and leave the bedside is stress. There are many reasons why nurses are stressed at work. It could be due to nursing shortages, unfair nurse-to-patient ratios, workplace politics, and exhaustion. If you are a nurse yearning for better pay and a less stressful environment, this could be a great opportunity to grab.
The idea of working in a different place is also awesome. You get to explore new places, and if you’re the adventurous type, you can explore so many places as a travel nurse. Activities like hiking, camping, trekking, and even going to the beach are only among the recreation you can do as a travel nurse. Depending on where you are assigned, adventure awaits many travel nurses!
You can also choose the nursing specialty or unit you want to work as a travel nurse. There are many special areas that you can apply to. If you have experience as an ICU nurse, you can look for assignments that allow travel nurses to work in ICU. The same goes for those with experience in PICU, ER, and many others.
It is no secret that many travel nurses are paid more than staff nurses. Most of your travel nurse salary is tax-free simply because you travel more than 50 miles from home. However, hourly wages are usually non-negotiable. But you will be given bonuses and benefits as it fits.
We can’t blame nurses who are packing up to become travel nurses. Many reasons may affect their decisions too. Whether for their clinical experience, money, or adventure, it is a good way for nurses to get some weight off their backs and see the world.
Travel nursing offers adventures, reliable income, and flexibility; as a nurse, this sounds like the freedom you’d want to get your hands on.
Looking for more nursing and travel nursing information? Check out these helpful links!
- Sign up for travel nursing: http://cupofnurses.com/travel-nursing/
- Travel nursing FAQ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTYTlHktNw&list=PLEi7EoJnvzwuELjQr-T3jcxZu9yHGW_Qx
- Nursing resources: https://cupofnurses.com/resource-page/
- Travel nursing checklist: https://cupofnurses.com/best-travel-nursing-checklist/
- Spotify nursing playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2pFWMMZ07hh2Hdr2ATJrxj?si=c875e846e17a4eca
- Spotify travel nursing playlist:https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0UP1A9gKPsSJ7tltgYYK7h?si=n2IeLV8_RM2u7fKJkJX1iw
- Travel nursing blog: https://cupofnurses.com/b/travel-nursing/
- Nursing blog: https://cupofnurses.com/b/nursing/
- Shift Debriefs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZudaO6juug&list=PLEi7EoJnvzws22n5M2Pe8LTdsIPUV9V_L
- Case Studies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwevl_usNy8&list=PLEi7EoJnvzwunjglAZcklaq10zP2cqSeK
- Meme Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKV7YgVMRm4&list=PLEi7EoJnvzwuDrZPRXj_kijWhEQcH9YFM
- Shop: cupofnurses.shop
- FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cupofnurses