The Opportunities Nursing Brings with Britt Greaves
The opportunities nursing brings are endless. Nursing, as a profession, offers plenty of chances for better careers and many nursing fields that you can pursue.
And while this opens many possibilities to nurses, many are also hesitant to change career fields. There’s that feeling that they cannot do other things than the ones they already know. But this is not true, as nurses, we have the skills to survive anything.
We have the power to choose. Remember that. If you are unhappy with work, it’s time to make room for changes.
Explore new places, try different nursing units, pursue the nursing field of your dreams – take hold of your career and embrace the opportunities we’re given.
Let’s start today.
In this episode, we would like to introduce you to Britt Greaves. Britt Greaves is a nurse who worked in specialties such as Hospice/Palliative Care, and ICU, and traveled for over 5 years in the PICU.
When she isn’t working, you can find her blogging, volunteering on international medical mission trips, or advocating for mental health in the nursing community through her founded safe space, The Debrief.
Transitioning from the bedside, Britt is the Community Manager at Trusted Health, where she now advocates for the health of the nursing community.
We discuss the importance of speaking about your feelings, how to heal, and the debrief.
QUESTIONS FOR GUESTS
The questions below are some we’d like to tackle. We go off-topic all the time so we don’t expect to hit them all. If you have any ideas please let us know. Looking forward to our conversation!
- How has your nursing journey been?
- You’ve worked in a handful of specialties as a staff and then as a travel nurse to now focusing on projects away from the bedside. How did you slowly transition away from staff to travel?
- Is there a time you can recall in or out of nursing that really opened up your mind to mindfulness and mental health?
- Can you talk to us about how you began incorporating mindfulness into your life and how it has helped you?
- Meditation, what kind do you do?
- What were the darkest depths you have experienced as a traveler to rediscover yourself?
- Chakras and sound healing, how did you get into it? And how does it help you?
- What were you struggling with that turned you to these practices?
- What is the Debrief?
- How did you get involved with trusted and what is trusted?
Before we end the show, we have one last question we like to ask all our guests. If you had the opportunity to have a Cup of coffee with anybody one last time, who would it be & why?
You can learn more about the opportunities nursing brings by watching the full episode here 👇👇
02:02 About Brit Greaves
02:43 Exploring other fields of healthcare
05:56 The benefits of travel nursing
07:30 The reasons for leaving the bedside
09:16 The challenges outside of nursing
10:42 Nursing attributes that help through life
13:03 Healing yourself, meditation, and sound healing
20:12 About The Debrief
22:19 Selfcare in nursing and gratitude
27:24 Why is it hard for nurses to take time off?
34:42 Talking about TravCon
35:43 Goals for the travel nursing community
38:28 Opportunities as a travel nurse
40:43 End remarks