How To Break Past Your Limits With Andrea Dalzell
Break past your limits – It’s liberating! Today we would like to welcome Andrea Dalzell, also known as theseatednurse. She studied biology and neuroscience in college while earning her bachelor’s degree in nursing. Andrea was diagnosed with transverse myelitis at the age of 5 and began using a wheelchair full-time at the age of 12. She is an advocate and inspiration to many nurses around the world. You can find her on Instagram at @theseatednurse.
Questions for Our Guest
Questions below are some we’d like to tackle. We always go off-topic, so we don’t expect to hit them all. If you have any ideas, please let us know. Looking forward to our conversation!
- How was life growing up?
- What made you get into nursing?
- What unit do your work at? Have you been there for your whole career?
- You are one of the most resilient people we have ever met. How do you overcome adversity? How do you get past the mental blocks?
- What have you noticed about nursing and healthcare that you can say surprised you?
Ex. Working in the ICU, sometimes we take away the person or human aspect from the homo sapien lying on the bed. We tend to focus a lot on the disease process and numbers instead of looking at the whole person.
Ex. How expensive everything is and how insurance works.
- How has fitness changed your life and break past your limits? On a mental and physical level?
- What is something new you are working on? New hobbies? What is your favorite thing to do on a day off?
Do you want to know how to get past your limits? Watch the full video about it here 👇👇
03:35 Andrea’s hardships
07:57 Tips for Nurses
10:29 How to Advocate for Future Nurses
13:29 Inspiration for mental toughness
15:44 Training for Mental Strength
17:40 Floor Nurse Routine
21:39 Blue Botton
22:52 Public Speaking
23:51 Life Events
29:59 Mental Stability
42:44 Break the Ice